Monday, October 1, 2012

Sweet Everlasting

It is October first here in New England and there really can't be a more beautiful place to be. Yesterday I went to the Garlic Festival.... it is like being in one of the Back to the Future  movies.  Peace, Love and Hippies.... oh yes, and garlic .... I love it. I walk around with my mp3 playing Joni Michel, and seek out some interesting garlic seed to plant this fall. ...This years finds are Russian White and Spanish Rojo Red.............. But back to flowers. I am so thrilled that I am still finding new flowers that I can put on my "Life List". Fall, here in New England, is host to many flowers.... though I think many only think of Mums when it gets cooler. This one is Sweet Everlasting. Sweet, because if you rub it at any time, living or dried, it has a sweet pleasing scent about it, and everlasting because it will look like this well into the winter. I have read that this plant's fragrance is like that of tobacco or curry. To me it is "citrusy". It has a tendency to smell like something different to each person that smells it. It reminds me a little of Pussy Toes, another flower that comes early in the Summer. It is just another flower that enjoys the warm Fall sun with the rest of us.

Where I found it  :  In my yard   Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment